Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Hard to believe it, but Father’s Day is just around the corner. It’s a special day to celebrate all that is wonderful about Dad. Why not surprise him with some great gifts!
Has Dad been getting the camping itch lately? Here are a few ideas to consider:
- The Coleman Propane 2-Burner Stove is great, whether your father is planning a family camping trip or tailgating at MetLife stadium for the Giants vs. Cowboys season opener.
- Whether in the park or campground, the Copper Canyon series tents, from Eureka, will easily satisfy dad and the family’s needs for space and ventilation.
- Perfect for parades, July 4th fireworks, or your neighbor’s barbecue, don’t forget to bring along the Campmor Arm Chair. Slings over the shoulder for easy carrying.
- While you may not want to pack your comforter from home, the Bonnie & Clyde double sleeping bag is roomy enough for two, and features a soft cotton-flannel lining, along with two pillows, to allow for a cozy night’s rest.
- Convenient for preparing food, reading, or getting around the campsite, the Essential Gear 10 Day Lantern will also come in handy if there is a power outage at home.
Perhaps Dad has become reacquainted with an old hiking buddy and is planning a backpacking trip. You may want to recommend some of these items:
- On the trail, or traveling from city to city on the train, the Osprey Atmos 65 backpack is compact and features an excellent suspension system that will take you a long way.
- Supportive but still flexible, the Asolo TPS is a superior backpacking boot. And once broken in, the boots can be used as well for day-hiking trips or even for various activities, such as yard work.
- The Eureka Backcountry 1 tent provides adequate headroom when sitting up and, most importantly, cross ventilation between the door and window. Also, it is so compact that it will not take up much precious space in your backpack.
- Minimize the stress on his knees, quads, and joints, especially on steep descents. His body will be extremely thankful with the Black Diamond Trail Shock trekking poles.
- No trip is complete without a good pair of hiking socks. Smartwool Merino Wool Hiker Socks are suitable not only for the trail but for casual and everyday wear as well. Soft and non-itching, they also wick moisture so the feet stay dry.
Or, is dad thinking instead of sand and surf, reading a good book and just relaxing. These options may just convince him to head to the water:
- From taking a stroll on the boardwalk to white-water rafting or gliding along in the canoe, Teva Hurricane Sandals work for just about any summer activity.
- Ideal for summer shows and concerts or sinking your feet in the sand, the GCI Outdoor Padded Adjustable Everywhere Chair certainly fits the bill.
- Ready to get a bite to eat after a long day in the sun? Nothing feels better than a soft, comfortable shirt like the Duke short sleeve from Prana.
- When expecting to be in the sun all day, either on a fishing boat or at an afternoon ball game, the Bollé Swisher Polarized sunglasses will definitely be a lifesaver.
- In the swimming pool or crashing the waves, the Columbia Sportswear Whidbey II Water Shorts are the way to go.
No matter what you do on Father’s Day be sure to try and get outdoors with Dad!